Monday, September 9, 2013

150 Lunges? Challenge Accepted.

Let me tell you a little bit about my thighs... or what I like to call my trouble area. Even when I got down to my lowest weight this past Spring, my thighs still remained quite thick compared to the rest of my body. My thunder thighs, tree trunks, soccer legs-- they've stored extra body fat, including that of which was supposed to be distributed to my chest, ever since I hit puberty. They're very muscular, too, and no matter how much I work out I feel that I continue to gain muscle in them rather than slim them down. I swear to you I could do lunges everyday and those thighs would still remain the same size-- or would they? I really couldn't tell you because I loathe lunges. I mean loathe. I cannot tell you why, but anytime they're a part of my workout routine I absolutely dread getting into that lunge position. The worst, ugh. 

Anyways, I'm sure many of you have saw the 'Squats Challenge' that has been circulating Facebook and the rest of the internet, and as I'm trying to jazz up my exercise routine, I debated taking it on-- mostly because I'm curious of the results. Then I thought of my trouble area. Why not actually do lunges everyday and see for myself if I'm able to slim those bad boys down?! Maybe I'll even learn to love the lunge? After all, I used to hate running and we all see how that turned out for me, so it's worth a shot! Well, sure enough there is a "Lunges Challenge" out there, and it starts you off with 20 on the first day, and ends with 150 on the last. Ouch. I am pretty excited to see this thing through though, as I'm hoping the results will be quite noticeable. I'd love to walk away from this challenge with slimmer, toned thighs-- so let's see what happens.

ETA:
  •  You can split up your lunges throughout the day (ex. 50 in the morning; 50 at night)
  • 1 lunge = 1 lunge with the right leg AND 1 lunge with the left leg

I will be doing this Lunge Challenge in addition to continuing to eat healthy, cardio 4-5 days a week, and picking back up on yoga. Over the past month I really started slacking when it came to diet and exercise. I never really knew the truth to stress eating until recently, and due to my crazy weekends and schedule overall, I was unable to participate in my planned half marathon (which was supposed to be this past weekend, but I had Kristi's bridal shower to attend). That being said, my training is at a temporary hault, although I'm debating starting up again and just not participating in a race at the end of it, just because I am much more accountable for my workouts when I have a schedule to follow (thus the above challenge). I haven't done yoga in awhile, which is a shame because I was really seeing great results in the toning of my body-- especially in my stomach. So I am making a vow to do yoga at least once a week starting today. Done. And I also completed Day 1 of the Lunge Challenge. 

Today was a very motivated Monday for me; I'm ready to get out of this fitness funk and tone back up! So join me in this challenge if you wish, we can help each other be accountable and say goodbye to our thunder thighs together! Or you can just wait until I'm done to see if 150 lunges are really worth it. ;)
Results to come in 30 days! Thank you for reading and wish me luck on getting through this challenge alive. Alive and with thinner thighs. ;) And good luck to anyone joining me!

xo D

No comments:

Post a Comment