Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Job

I have been quite absent with the up-keeping of my blog.. I promise to make updates more frequently.

Anyways, I got a job! Yes, a real life job.. and the search was a lot less treacherous than expected. I guess that sending out your resume and applying to 100's of jobs will eventually result in a job offer. But, there is a catch. I will be starting out as part-time for a 60-day period, and if I do well and fit in with the company, my position will become full-time.

Easy enough, right? Well, the job position is the Public Relations representative for LeapDoctor.com, an up-and-coming company that focuses on connecting physicians and healthcare employers-- in layman's terms, the Monster.com for doctors. I did not expect to jump right into a PR position, and I feel overwhelmed and intimidated.. but I'm always up for a challenge! It will be a lot of responsibility too, because it is a brand new company and it's my responsibility to promote it. I'm very nervous, but even more excited to begin.

My first day will be Monday, May 16th, a week after I graduate and precisely 3 weeks and 4 days from today. AHHH! No, but really, I'm excited. It's just new, and let's face it, new is kind of scary. But I need to work on some homework and start getting to work on these papers. Only two more weeks left of school, another concept I'm having a really hard time grasping. Everything's just happening so fast.. it's overwhelming!

Until the next time, xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment