Friday, October 4, 2013

Celeb Weddings That Take the Cake

So I've got some great wedding-related posts in the works-- in my mind that is. As far as taking the time to do my research and put it all down on paper; that's another story. But I can go through my favorite celeb weddings and point out what I love-- and don't love-- about them... so let's do that! ;) Below is a compilation of some of my favorite celebrity weddings to date.. enjoy!


Justin Timberlake & Jessica Biel


Love it: The groom. And the flowers and decor. But mostly the groom.
Leave it: The dress. Don't get me wrong, my girl looked unbelievable, and this is just my personal preference, but I think the pink could've been toned down a bit. There also could've been less ruffles. Once again, just my tastes. If I were into pink and ruffles, I wouldn't change a thing about this gorg wedding. Except maybe I'd put myself in the dress and tell Jess to take a hike for a minute.. or forever. ;)


Prince William & Kate Middleton


Love it: That train, the groom's attire, the party, the entrance, the exit... I mean come on, they seriously look like they stepped right out of a Disney movie, seriously. You don't think the above image went viral for no reason, do you?
Leave it: Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Ooooh, except that the royal Corgis should've been invited.


Molly Sims & Scott Stuber


Love it: The mismatched bridesmaids are done so perfectly in my opinion, I can't get enough of this trend. The ceremony location is also to die for.
Leave it: Not a huge fan of the bouquets-- especially Molly's. The feel of the wedding seems so shabby chic to me and I think looser, more free-flowing bouquets would look better with the whole ensemble.


Hilary Duff and Mike Comrie


Love it: THAT DRESS. I die. It's Vera Wang's "Gemma" and I tried on one similar to it and it's just breathtaking. I could stare at it for hours. I wish I was kidding.
Leave it: The bow tie. Not a fan. Besides that everything else looked stunning.


The Kardashians

Khloe & Lamar


Kim & Kris


Love it: Khloe's dress and bridesmaids dresses, as well as Kim's mermaid reception dress. I also adore the simplicity of Khloe's all white flowers and Kim's all white attire; perfection.
Leave it: While I like the all white for Kim's bridesmaids, I don't know if I'm necessarily crazy about them being actual wedding dresses. I think flowy or all fitted gowns vs. the mermaid silhouette would've been a better choice. I'm also not all that into Khloe's sash on her wedding gown.


David & Victoria Beckham


Love it: Quick back story; this is the wedding that pretty much started it all as far as my wedding obsession goes. I remember buying the issue of Vogue that featured their wedding specifically to read all about it and drool over the photos. And that I did. I couldn't believe my eyes as I read that her gown estimated about $100,000 (and still to this day remains one of the most expensive celebrity wedding dresses) and I flipped through each page slowly, fully taking in the fabulousness that was their wedding. At the time I loved every detail of their day. But especially that custom-made Vera.
Leave it: Looking at their wedding now, as a grown woman and bride-to-be, I have a couple critiques of the Beckhams' big day. First, why was Mel B. wearing black while Emma and Mel C. sported white? Huge problem. Next, explain the cake to me. It's unique and different and I respect that.. I'd just like to understand it. And finally, I'm just not feeling the purple reception outfits the couple changed into. Vic, you were wearing a $100k custom-made Vera... rock that sh*t as long as you can. 




Ok, there you have it, the wedding police's my thoughts on some of the hottest celeb weddings. Do you agree with my favs? Which celebrity wedding takes the cake in your opinion? 

I hope you had a fab Bride Day Friday and that you have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for reading,

xox D


No comments:

Post a Comment