Sunday, February 16, 2014

Seven Day Detox... Ready, Set, Go!

Well hello again! It has been a few months since I last wrote and I'm ashamed for disappearing as long as I did after promising to post consistently. Unfortunately, life has caught up with me and I've hardly had a moment to breathe let alone blog. But going forward I will try my best to post as much as possible. I will not be able to post every single Monday for Motivational Mondays or every Friday for "Bride Day", but I will start doing what I can. :)

And today I wanted to share with you the detox I am preparing to embark on starting tomorrow. I am aware of the stigma attached to detoxing-- so no need to warn me-- but as of late I've been bloated and uncomfortable on the reg, as well as experiencing regular breakouts, which isn't normal for me. I'm sure it has to do with wedding stress, but it's still gotta stop. I've been working out consistently and eating healthy (with the occasional weekend cheat day) but the number on the scale continually fluctuates and it's quite discouraging. After doing some research, I felt like a detox was exactly what I needed to rid my body of all it's toxins and lose these last few pounds before my first dress fitting in a couple weeks (btw, eeeeeeeee!).


Fridge is stocked and ready for the week!

So here are the rules to the 7 Day Detox Diet I decided upon:


DAY ONE
Fruits. All fruits are allowed except bananas.
DAY TWO
Vegetables. Either stir-fry or salads. Start the day with one baked or boiled potato to make up for loss of energy from Day One. Upto one teaspoon of olive oil can be used as salad dressing today.
DAY THREE
Fruits and vegetables – as much as you want. No bananas and no potatoes.
DAY FOUR
Bananas and milk. You can eat up to 8 bananas and 3 glasses of skim milk to restore potassium levels.
DAY FIVE
Protein and Tomatoes. You can have a piece of meat/fish either grilled or baked for lunch and dinner with tomatoes.
DAY SIX
Protein and vegetables. Same as Day Five except, add more vegetables either in salad or stir fry form.
DAY SEVEN
Fruits, vegetables and juices. Consume an assortment of fruits, vegetables and vegetable juices. Half a cup of brown rice is optional – but not recommended.


In addition to following this daily schedule, you are also allowed to eat an endless amount of Cabbage "Wonder Soup" whenever you'd like on any given day. However, according to other reviews and blog posts, this soup is borderline edible... but is filling. Can't wait to try it! *End Sarcasm*


Wonder Soup Recipe

"Consume “Wonder Soup” each day. This is a vegetable cabbage soup rich in fiber, vitamins & minerals and can be consumed in unlimited quantities throughout the 7 day period.
  • 64 oz water (add more if needed)
  • 6 large onions
  • 2 green peppers
  • 3 whole tomatoes
  • 1 cabbage
  • 1 bunch celery - add herbs and seasoning as desired.
Boil all ingredients together for 45 minutes on medium heat and eat."


So wish me luck! I am preparing for energy loss, headaches, chocolate withdrawal, and even more irritability than normal. Poor Eric. Haha, in all reality though I am actually quite excited to begin this detox. If you know me, you know I love nothing more than a challenge, and a challenge this will be. I will try to update throughout the week on my progress.

Thank y'all for reading! I must go prep this delicious soup and fill up on a week's worth of ice cream and other sweets to get me through the next seven days. ;) 

xoxo D


No comments:

Post a Comment